Caregiver Advisory Services (CAS) are provided to informal caregivers of adults who are age 60 or older or developmentally disabled and to grandparents and other kinship caregivers who are raising children under the age of 18. The purpose of the program is to inform caregivers of available services; to assist caregivers in accessing services; to provide emotional support through individual counseling and support groups; and to provide training and education to assist caregivers in making decisions and solving problems related to their caregiver roles. Other services provided include:
- Caregiver Support Group at the Macon County Health Department on the 4th Tuesday of every month from 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Kinship Caregiver Support Group on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
- Powerful Tools for Caregivers class offered at least once annually. The six-week program is designed to provide caregivers with “tools” to care for themselves so they can better care for loved ones. For more information about this class and/or dates, please click here or call (217) 423-6550.
- Caregiver Newsletter – July and August 2015
- Caregiver Newsletter March and April 2018
- Caregiver Newsletter September_October 2018
For more information about the Caregiver Advisory Services, please call (217) 423-6550 or email email@example.com.