If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please call your doctor or medical facility before heading there.
The Macon County Health Department (MCHD) is working daily with our local health care partners and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) since we first became aware in December 2019 to respond to the constantly evolving novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The MCHD follows the guidance and protocol provided by IDPH. In addition to working with IDPH in this preparedness effort, we are also collaborating with our community partners to be prepared for COVID-19 and other emergencies. As always, know that we are all working very hard to prepare our community. We ask that everyone please assist us. Community residents can take many steps to help prevent the spread of illness, including COVID-19.
The Illinois Department of Public Health, in coordination with the Illinois Poison Control Center, have launched the Illinois COVID-19 Hotline and email address to answer questions Local Health Departments, clinicians, and the general public may have regarding COVID-19.
The hotline and email address were created to provide consistent information, answer questions, share facts about symptoms, and provide up-to-date information from the CDC.
Illinoisans can dial 1-800-889-3931 twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV to get their questions answered.
COVID-19 Recent News:
- Joint COVID-19 Press Release (5/13/2021)
- Joint COVID-19 Press Release (5/12/2021)
- Joint COVID-19 Press Release (5/11/2021)
- Joint COVID-19 Press Release (5/10/2021)
- May 12th Pfizer Clinic
- Joint COVID-19 Press Release (5/7/2021)
- Joint COVID-19 Press Release (5/6/2021)
- For prior press releases, visit MCHD Recent News.
For more information and community resources visit our Macon County Health Department Facebook!
COVID-19 Testing Sites:
990 N. Water Street
Monday- Friday, 8 a.m.- noon and 1:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Appointments are encouraged by not necessary.
HSHS Medical Group (Lost Bridge Road Location)
Monday, Wednesday and Friday
By Appointment Only! Registration through MyChart or www.HSHSMGCovidTesting.org
1192 E. Pershing Road
For Patients Only: (217) 877-9117
Illinois Bridge to Phase 5:
COVID-19 Data Links:
- COVID-19 Outbreak Interactive Map
- County Level COVID-19 Risk Metrics | IDPH
- COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Data | IDPH
- COVID-19 County & School Metrics | IDPH
- COVID-19 Outbreak Locations | IDPH
Additional Resource Links:
- FAQ for Business & Face Coverings from IDHR
- State of Illinois COVID-19 Response Website
- IDPH – Coronavirus
- IDPH – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Frequently Asked Questions
- CDC Homepage for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- CDC Travel Guidance
- CDC Guidance for Healthcare Professionals
- Illinois Deaf & Hand of Hearing Commission
- IDPH – COVID-19 Vaccine
Mental Health Resources:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – Toll-free number at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – at 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
- Disaster Distress Helpline – at 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Find Treatment in your area.
- Macon County Mental Health Board http://www.mcmhb.com/need-help/
- A few resources:
- StartYourRecovery.org – substance use recovery
- The Trevor Project Lifeline at 866-488-7386 – a 24-hour suicide hotline for LGBTQ
- Heritage Behavioral Health Center at 217-362-6262 – a 24-hour crisis hotline for behavioral disorders
- The DCFS Child Abuse Hotline at 800-252-2873
- A few resources:
Please Stop the Spread of Germs:
Social Distancing Information:
Face Covering Information:
This COVID-19 information was last updated on April 28, 2021. For the most up-to-date information, visit the Illinois Department of Public Health website (http://www.dph.illinois.gov/).